- Attendance and Punctuality
- Black History Month Exhibition 2018
- Coffee Mornings
- Lockdown Procedure
- Letters Home
- Online Safety
- Parent Survey Results
- Parent View
- Privacy Notice
- Secondary School Transfer
- Snow / Severe Weather Arrangements
- School Day
- School Lunch
- School Uniform
- Year 6 2017/18
Throughout the year, De Beauvoir Primary School will be running a series of coffee mornings to support and develop parents and carers understanding of teaching and learning. The aim of these sessions is to help parents and carers support their children to ensure they are making the best progress.
De Beauvoir started the year with a coffee morning for Reception parents. Parents/carers were invited to find out about early literacy and maths skills and what they can do at home to support their children. We discussed the expectations for the end of the year, talked about different strategies for developing mark making and number recognition and understanding and each family were given a home pack to support their learning.
Home packs included:
- Cardboard, paper, felt-tip pens, coloured pencils, writing pencils, whiteboard pens
- Scissors and glue
- The child’s name for tracing
- Ruler (which can be used as a 1-30 numberline)
- Numicon pieces
- Dice and counters
- 10 frames
- High frequency words and letter formation sheets
- Number formation sheets
- Information sheets about supporting children at home
Click on the links below to see the additional information shared with parents and carers in the home learning packs.
We look forward to seeing you all at the next coffee morning.