- Attendance and Punctuality
- Black History Month Exhibition 2018
- Coffee Mornings
- Lockdown Procedure
- Letters Home
- Online Safety
- Parent Survey Results
- Parent View
- Privacy Notice
- Secondary School Transfer
- Snow / Severe Weather Arrangements
- School Day
- School Lunch
- School Uniform
- Year 6 2017/18
Teaching children to keep themselves safe online is an important part of our job as a school. However it is just as important that parents are aware of the dangers and ensure their children are safe at home. There are a huge range of devices in the home which connect to the internet, from smart phones and computers to televisions and games consoles.
Remember – Internet Service Providers (such as Virgin, BT, Sky and PlusNet) all have parental controls which you need to ‘switch on’ – just contact your provider, or take a look at these videos here.
Some discussion points:
- Always speak to your child about the games they are playing online and about anyone they may talk to.
- Make sure you understand what your children are doing when they are on a computer or games console – remember many games consoles such as the PlayStation and X Box are online – and games can receive messages.
- Remember, messages are often instant and permanent – even if they delete messages they could still be saved by the other person.