If more children apply for a nursery place at a particular school than there are places available we will allocate places according to how many are available.
Priority will be given in the following order:
- A looked after child or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Children subject to a child protection plan.
- Children with an educational, medical or social need for a nursery place.
- Children whose parents can take up or stay in a teaching post in one of Hackney’s schools.
- Children with brothers and sisters already at the school at the time of the proposed admission (includes half and step brothers and sisters living as a family unit full-time at the same address).
- Children living nearest to the school as measured in a straight line from their home address or their childminder’s address using a map or website for calculating distances.
If there is a tie-breaker decision for priorities 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, we will use distance as measured in priority 5 above.
The table below shows when your child should start, and when to apply: