Hackney Learning Trust are responsible for setting the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools in the borough including De Beauvoir Primary School. Applications for places in our Reception classes are made using the Common Application Form, available at www.eadmissions.org.uk
We have a supply of booklets and can help to guide you through the process.
Applications for September 2020
Admissions for Reception places opened on Monday 2nd September and the closing date for applying for your child’s primary school place is Wednesday 15th January 2020.
Contact The Pupil Admissions Team as soon as possible on 020 8820 7000 Email: email@example.com
More information, including a detailed explanation of how to apply on the EAdmissions website, can be found at: https://www.learningtrust.co.uk/sites/default/files/document/primary-admission-leaflet.pdf
At De Beauvoir Primary we follow Hackney Learning Trust’s Admissions Criteria
Places will be offered to children using the admissions criteria shown below.
Some places are given to children with SEND statements. The remaining places are offered in this order of priority:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Children who are subject to a Child Protection Plan.
- Children whose acute medical or social need justifies the allocation of a place at the particular school.
- Children with a brother or sister on roll at the school in reception to year 6 at the time of the proposed admission up to a distance of 0.750 miles as measured in priority 6 below, if the family has moved since the last sibling was offered a place.
- Children of teachers in either or both of the following circumstances subject to there being no more than one teacher’s child in each class:
– where the teacher has been employed at the school for two years at the time of the application for (admission) and/or
– the teacher has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children living nearest to the main entrance of the school. These distances will be measured in a straight line using an in-house computerised batch measuring system. Please note that the measurement point to determine the schools’ main entrance may not be the gate of entrance currently used by children and staff.