The Department for Education (DfE) are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years. The funding was first issued for the academic year 2013/2014 and has continued since. The funding will be allocated directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all pupils.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision for PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this.
At De Beauvoir we have decided to use our money to:
- increase pupils’ participation in sports and physical activities at lunchtimes and after school
- to further improve the quality of teaching in PE
- to increase the numbers of girls participating in after school sports clubs
Our school has been awarded £18,530 for the academic year 2018 -2019 and we intend to use the funding as outlined in the attached document.
De Beauvoir Primary School Sport Premium Funding 2018-19
PE Funding – September 2017 – July 2018
From September 2017 – July 2018 we received £15,073. We allocated the money as follows:
- Football, Cricket, Gifted and Talented Club, Girls’ Club and Fit Friday ran in the Autumn term.
- Painting wall and floor markings for Patball in the playground.
- Painting new line markings in the playground to increase in pupil engagement in basketball, racing, kingball and football during break and lunch time
- Installing a climbing wall.
- New table tennis tables installed in the playground.
De Beauvoir Primary School Sport Premium Funding 2017-2018
De Beauvoir Primary School Sport Premium Funding 2017-2018 Review
PE Funding – September 2016 – July 2017
From September 2016 – July 2017 we received £9520. We allocated the money as follows:
- New PE equipment
- Providing sport clubs, including basketball and football, to target girls in sports. There were also opportunities for the girl teams to play competitively against other schools in Primary Advantage.
- Raising the profile of Sports Day and providing a celebration and rewards/medals and cups
- Increasing the variety of sports clubs and activities offered as part of the wraparound after-school provision
- Investing in high quality equipment to promote physical activities at lunchtimes
De Beauvoir Primary School Sport Premium Funding 2016-2017
De Beauvoir Primary School Sport Premium Funding 2016-2017 Review
PE Funding – September 2013 – July 2016
From September 2013 – July 2016 we have received £27,551. At De Beauvoir, we are committed to ensuring our children understand the importance of being active, having a healthy lifestyle and enjoying sports and games activities. Below is an overview of how we used this funding in 2013-2016.
We have allocated the money as follows:
- New PE equipment
- Providing alternative sport opportunities from outside companies such as Brazilian capoeira, kayaking at Laburnum boat club, the Arsenal Double Club, swimming lessons at Britannia Leisure Centre and provision from Badu Sports.
- Introducing new sport activities and encouraging more pupils to take part in new sports such as fencing, street dance and table tennis.
- Providing current staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sports more effectively.
- Involving and supporting the least active children, and those are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant, by running after school sports clubs and a Change4life club.
- Participating in sports competitions within the borough
- Increasing pupils’ participation in inter-school games