All three and four year olds are eligible for free early years education, usually 15 hours a week. Some working parents will be eligible for a full-time place (30 hours per week), however, we offer 30 hours per week where places are available.
Nursery admissions are processed at De Beauvoir Primary School. Application forms and more information about our Early Years Classroom can be collected from the main school office.
Our Early Years classroom combines Nursery and Reception children, supporting high quality interactions between peers. It allows for the development of the prime areas, increased levels of well-being, self-regulation, independence and resilience. For Nursery aged children, skills and learning are demonstrated and supported by older peers, providing modelling and mentoring, as well as helping with the development of language, peer interaction and social communication.
Applications for Nursery are processed by the school, and applications can be collected from the main office. We accept applications for September starters. If more children apply for a nursery place at a particular school than there are places available. we will allocate places according to how many are available.
Priority will be given in the following order:
- A looked after child or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Children subject to a child protection plan.
- Children with an educational, medical or social need for a nursery place.
- Children whose parents can take up or stay in a teaching post in one of Hackney’s schools.
- Children with brothers and sisters already at the school at the time of the proposed admission (includes half and step brothers and sisters living as a family unit full-time at the same address).
- Children living nearest to the school as measured in a straight line from their home address or their childminder’s address using a map or website for calculating distances.
If there is a tie-breaker decision for priorities 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, we will use distance as measured in priority 5 above.
We are currently accepting applications for children who have turned 3 on/before 1st September 2021. More information will be published for children who are born 1st September 2018 – 31st August 2018, who would be eligible for Nursery at De Beauvoir in September 2022.
More information can be found on the Hackney Education website or by clicking on this link