What is EYFS?
This stands for Early Years Foundation Stage. It includes Nursery and Reception classes.
What is KS1 and KS2?
Key Stage 1 (KS1) are years 1, 2, and 3. Key Stage 2 (KS2) are years 4, 5 and 6.
The De Beauvoir Vision
At De Beauvoir we have an unwavering belief that every child has the ability to succeed.
- We understand that each child will learn and develop differently and so we strive to create a caring, stimulating and inclusive environment in which learning can flourish and every child can experience success;
- We encourage every pupil to strive for excellence, understanding the importance of high expectations for those from traditionally underachieving groups;
- We provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to enable all children to develop their full potential;
- We create a sense of community based on mutual respect, co-operation and equality to all, working with families to support children’s learning and development at home and in the community;
- We aim to be a centre of Lifelong Learning where the whole community feels empowered to achieve.