Monday: Celebration Assembly
- Celebration Assemblies take place on Mondays at 3:00pm.
- Celebration assemblies reinforce the school’s ethos of celebrating success and reward appropriate choices and high achievement.
- Certificates are awarded to pupils for significant effort in English and mathematics and for consistently ‘green’ behaviour.
- Birthdays are also celebrated.
- A ‘Best Attendance’ and ‘Best Punctuality’ trophy are awarded to the class in Key Stage 1 and 2 with the highest attendance/ punctuality for the week.
Tuesday: Story Assembly
- We recognise the importance of sharing high quality stories with children, therefore dedicate one assembly a week for sharing a book.
- Staff read a selection of short stories, picture books and high quality picture books to the children. A range of adults read the stories to allow children to hear different voices and see a range of reading models.
- Books are diverse, inclusive and are chosen to represent the children within our community, as well as offering rich language and vocabulary.
Wednesday: Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development Assembly
- These are held each Wednesday at 3:10pm and are led by a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- SMSC assemblies are reflective and meaningful and are usually linked to the school’s PSHE scheme of work.
- SMSC assemblies also focus on moral, ethical or philosophical issues and important events that fall within the year.
Thursday: Singing/Music Assembly
- Singing / music assemblies take place each Thursday and are led by the school’s talented and tuneful teaching staff.
- These are whole school assemblies at 3:10pm on Thursdays and involve pupils in KS1 and KS2.
- Children are taught to sing age appropriate songs.
Friday: PSHE lessons – Jigsaw
- These assemblies are held within individual classes on a Friday.
- The themes for each class reflection assembly are linked to our Jigsaw PSHE curriculum.