This page outlines the remote learning offer during school closures.
Useful Websites and Apps
Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 254 2517 if you would like any help with access to these sites.
We are using Google Classroom to ensure that the children of De Beauvoir can continue to learn and remain connected to the school and each other despite lockdown or the need to self-isolate. Through Google Classroom, we will be aligning remote learning as closely as possible to our classroom offer and will continue to provide assemblies and pastoral support.
Your child has been provided with a personal login for Google Classroom and has agreed to follow these expectations prior to its use:
- Stay on Green behaviour and language
- No shouting out
- Being kind, listening carefully
- Microphones on mute unless you have been asked by a member of staff to speak
- Find a quiet space for learning – no TV/games/radios in background etc.
- Wear appropriate clothing – this is school
- No eating or drinking during Google Meets
- No using mobile phones during lessons (unless this is the device being used).
- No other people should be present during lessons (except parents/carers where they are supporting with learning)
- Think before you post – the stream and chat function are for discussions about school work
- No photos or recordings of lessons – parents will be informed and there will be consequences
Please see below for our remote learning policy. This is a working document and may change as we adapt it in response to our findings about what works best for our community.
De Beauvoir Remote Learning Policy
Useful Letters Home
Read these letters to discover a range of ideas, activities and resources which can be used when learning at home.
Email to Parents: School Update, 01/07/20
Email to Parents: Phased Return of Children to De Beauvoir Primary School, 26/05/20
Re-Opening: Further Parent Information, 26/05/20
Email to Parents: Proposal for Phased Re-Opening of De Beauvoir Primary School, 15/04/20
COVID-19 Closure and Home Learning: EYFS
COVID-19 Closure and Home Learning: KS1 / KS2
Suggested Timetable and Further Activities
Click below for a link to Google Translate: