Applications for September 2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, you will be eligible to apply to De Beauvoir Primary School for Reception entry in September 2023.
Applications are open from 1 September 2022 to 15 January 2023.
Hackney Education are responsible for setting the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools in the borough, including De Beauvoir Primary School. Within the dates above, applications for places in our Reception classes are made using the Common Application Form, available at www.eadmissions.org.uk. We have a supply of booklets and can help to guide you through the process and are more than happy to show you around the school and answer any questions you have.
Outside of the application date window, parents / carers should contact Hackney Education Pupil Admissions Team directly.
Contact The Pupil Admissions Team as soon as possible on 020 8820 7000 (option 3)
More information, including a detailed explanation of how to apply on the EAdmissions website, can be found at: https://education.hackney.gov.uk/sites/default/files/document/primary-admission-leaflet.pdf
We recommend that children have their pre-school immunisations before they start the reception year. This will ensure that they are happy, healthy and ready to learn when starting school.
Please see the link below for “A guide to vaccinations from two years old until starting primary school”
Early Years Classroom
In September 2020, we opened an Early Years classroom which combines our Nursery and Reception intake. This supports high quality interactions between peers and allows for development of the prime areas, increased levels of well-being, self-regulation, independence and resilience. For Reception children, the mixed age group supports their personal, social and emotional development, their understanding of compassion, empathy, co-operation, patience and teamwork, as well as developing their language and explanation skills. Reception children will also have opportunities to become models for their younger peers, which in turn will develop their confidence.
At De Beauvoir Primary we follow Hackney Education’s Admissions Criteria
Places will be offered to children using the admissions criteria shown below.
Some places are given to children with SEND statements. The remaining places are offered in this order of priority:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Children who are subject to a Child Protection Plan.
- Children whose acute medical or social need justifies the allocation of a place at the particular school.
- Children with a brother or sister on roll at the school in reception to year 6 at the time of the proposed admission up to a distance of 0.750 miles as measured in priority 6 below, if the family has moved since the last sibling was offered a place.
- Children of teachers in either or both of the following circumstances subject to there being no more than one teacher’s child in each class:
– where the teacher has been employed at the school for two years at the time of the application for (admission) and/or
– the teacher has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Children living nearest to the main entrance of the school. These distances will be measured in a straight line using an in-house computerised batch measuring system. Please note that the measurement point to determine the schools’ main entrance may not be the gate of entrance currently used by children and staff.