- Admissions Arrangements
- Curriculum Newsletters
- Extended Day
- Headteacher’s Welcome
- Keeping Children Safe
- Performance Data
- Prevent Duty
- Pupil Premium
- Our School
- School Day
- School Policies
- School Vision
- Sports Premium
- Staff List
- Term Dates
At De Beauvoir, we hold four whole school assemblies per week and one class assembly.
Monday: Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development Assembly
- These are held each Monday at 3:10pm and are led by a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- They are reflective and meaningful and are usually linked to the school’s PSHE scheme of work.
- They focus on moral, ethical or philosophical issues and important events that fall within the year.
Tuesday: Class Sharing Assembly
- Class assemblies are an opportunity for each class to show parents / carers and the rest of the school their learning and to develop their performance skills!
- These assemblies take place on a Tuesday. Please see the school calendar for dates that each class will present their assembly.
Wednesday: Singing / Music Assembly
- Singing / music assemblies take place each Wednesday and are led by the school’s talented and tuneful teaching staff.
- Children are taught to sing age appropriate songs.
Thursday: Class Reflection Assembly
- These assemblies are held within individual classes on a Thursday.
- The themes for each class reflection assembly are linked to the weekly whole school SMSC theme.
- Each class reflection ends with a reflective period where children bow their head or close their eyes to think about the issues / themes / morals discussed.
Friday: Celebration Assembly
- Celebration Assemblies take place on Fridays at 3:00pm.
- Celebration assemblies reinforce the school’s ethos of celebrating success and reward appropriate choices and high achievement.
- Certificates are awarded to pupils for significant effort in literacy and mathematics and for consistently ‘green’ behaviour.
- Birthdays are also celebrated.
- A ‘Best Attendance’ and ‘Best Punctuality’ trophy are awarded to the classes with the highest attendance/ punctuality for that week. Every pupil who has had 100% attendance during the week is identified and congratulated.